Friday, November 28, 2008

New Music : 808s & Heartbreaks


Got that new Kanye on tuesday. Opened the package, which came with a poster of him in the extra medium suit lol, but it got deep when I turned the poster around as you see him standing next to his mother while giving her a kiss on the cheek... (moment of silence). I gotta admit I'm a bit puzzled by Kanye's new album, but I'm all ears. Been listening for 3 days now... Dude's been hurt, something fierce. I've been there at some point(s) in my life so I'm feeling what he's singing about... though in a way I kinda wish I never knew what it felt like. For sure, this Kanye album is not for everybody, because it's either you relate or you don't. Those who don't relate are either too young or the "still lucky, for the moment, people" that never had to endure a broken heart, the pain, the loss or simply that "one" (out of many) paranoid girlfriend that goes through ur call list on ur cellphone everytime u got ur back turned.

As you get deeper into this album, you realize this is also the story of a guy who from the outside seems to have it "all", but explains to us his dilemna : "my friend showed me pictures of his kids, and all I could show him was pictures of my cribs"... Luther done told us a house is not a Home.

This said, say you will tell everybody that you know how amazing this album is. This one goes out to those that have a broken heart and sends a message to the heartless. Start picking up the pieces and keep ur love locked down coz this could be the coldest winter yet. Spread the bad news but don't be paranoid it's not like Robocop is hiding under broken street lights waiting to get you like I see in my nightmares. True story, don't u dare call me Pinocchio. Welcome to Heartbreak! (well this was a failed attempt at putting all the song titles into coherent phrases... bleh)

Right now I got the first track on repeat ('Say You Will'), I'm a music fiend.

"moments passing in front of me [...] I know my destination, but I'm just not there" - Kanye West

No comments: