Sunday, January 20, 2008

How I feel... Defined by Lyrics Vol. 2, No. 1


"I'd cry, if I thought, that me sheddin' a tear might help
Then again, me sheddin' tears don't help" - Scarface

Man... Can we talk about balance in this world?

When ur down it seems like everybody else is in high spirits floating around problem-free. And then when you finally make it to the surface for that long awaited breath of air you've been aiming for all this time, while you were dweling in the endless depths of an ocean of problems, you peek and notice everybody else is drowning.

You take another breath and plunge back in to reach out to them... It's just that sometimes u get dragged back down with them... They can't tell up from down. You try and shout at them to tell them to stay calm but ur voice doesn't carry out. Do you let go and convince urself... 'One day they will learn'

"You've got to realize that the world's a test
You can only do your best and let Him do the rest
You've got your life, and got your health
So quit procrastinatin and push it yourself" - Cee-Lo

or do you hang on knowing you might not make it out as well.

"And you can picture thoughts slowly upon phrases I run
And I can walk you through the days that are done
I often wish that I could save everyone
But I'm a dreamer
Have you ever seen a n!gga who was strong in the game
Overlookin his tomorrows and they finally came?" - Scarface


I know I will be holding on as long as I can. Hope you understand
...Nah... It can't be that deep. It's not that dramatic. It's just a thought...

I think I might have been helpful to some but I know many more have been a guiding light to me.

To all my people presently in a struggle, I'm not giving up on y'all, I'm still here and will remain here. Can't fight your fights, but I sure as hell will be in your corner supporting you.

Stay strong! Stay focused! Chin up! Hands high! Face what you have to face, no masquerades!

"Put some Henny up in your cup, your problems will start to drown
But soon as your buzz leaves, then problems come back around" - Chamillionaire

And for those who believe in something greater then them out there :

"I pray for everbody, hopin' that they hear that voice
The one that paralyzes you from head down, boy
When you're aware of your surroundings, yet you still can't move
Water shootin' outta your eyes you hear this dude
And the voice is much louder, than the voice that you
thought was the voice of the holy spirit
Who changed your life, when you hear it?
And the next morn', you wake up and the world look lighter
The grass greener, and the sun brighter
I know the feelin' first hand, I witnessed the sights
When I allowed the Lord to come in my life
And it was like (heaven, heaven...)
But I'm a man, I ain't perfect
That's a poor excuse, that ain't workin'
I asked him for forgiveness, for every sin I commit
Hopefully he gonna let me stay on his list
I'm tryin' to get to heaven.." - Scarface

You're going to make it to the surface. Just keep in mind that the struggle is necessary.

No comments: