Saturday, December 27, 2008

10 Good "Mainstream" God Songs - Warning Curses Applicable [PLAYLIST]

Here is another playlist I came up with on Aug 26, 2007. Was going through a lot of things that had me focused on talking with God and requiring his guidance. So besides praying, I also, as always, turned to music. And God knows I can't stand that christian hip hop, no flava and I always thought humans in general aren't without flaw and have more than God at heart. So I leaned my ear towards people I could relate to better and I know most of them aren't angels, but it feels good to see they have that light shining in them even for the slightest moment. Oh and the songs are good! Peace!

1. Sticky Fingaz - Oh My God [Universal]
2. Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down [?]
3. Jay-Z - Lucifer [Def Jam]
4. Stevie Wonder - Have A Talk With God [?]
5. Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face [?]
6. Nas - Heaven ft. Jully Black [Columbia]
7. Lauryn Hill - Forgive Them Father [?]
8. Kanye West - Jesus Walks [Def Jam]
9. Damian Marley - There For You [?]
10. Marvin Gaye - God Is Love [?]

"People let me paint a picture
You know I ain't a christian
I ain't a muslim, ain't a jew
I'm losing my religion
I speak to god directly
I know my god respect me
Cause he let me breathe his air and he really blessed me" - Talib Kweli

No comments: